Every vote counts. Each of you is encouraged to reach out to three voters -- friends, family, classmates, or work colleagues -- and tell them about the ODA election issue. You might:
- Emphasize that it is very important to vote. Its our best chance to influence this issue and to make a difference for 1.5 million Ontarians with disabilities.
- Give examples of the barriers you face, or that people with disabilities you know face.
- Explain that Premier Harris promised in 1995 to enact the Ontarians with Disabilities Act in his first term in office to get rid of those barriers, but broke this promise because he never passed that much-needed law.
- Explain that both the Liberals and NDP have pressed the Harris Government to keep that promise, and have now promised to pass this law if they are elected.
- Explain that it is really important that this issue play an important part in how they decide to vote.
- Show how much it would make Ontario a better place for everyone if it was made barrier-free.
- Ask them to tell others about this.
From yesterday's tip, we are getting information fed back to us about all-candidates' debates. If you have information about any of these events in your region of the province, please notify your local Regional Contacts for the ODA Committee. The Regional Contacts are listed on the following page: http://www.odacommittee.net/contacts.html.
Anyone who wants to know about the schedule for all-candidates' debates in the Toronto area should send an email request to David Lepofsky, ODA Committee chair, at email@example.com he will send you a copy of the list.
Join in our election campaign for a barrier-free Ontario! Its happening all over this province!